Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Still alive.

Jasus, I can't believe it's nearly two months since the last update - but finding Internet places that have a decent connection speed and are not a total rip-off is mighty hard here (most backpacker places charge 6 Euro an hour, which is crazy - even in 'rip-off-Ireland' you only pay 1 Euro an hour). Anyway, finally found this place in Port Elizabeth, but after the usual e-mails and banking I started catching up on Mr Mullins' blog (http://seanmullinsrtw.blogspot.com) and spent the next two hours reading that, so now I've no time left to update my own blog.

Updating it now is a daunting prospect too, given that it's been two months, but I hope to come back to this Internet place again tomorrow and catch up a bit on it (they are closing here now).

But in a nutshell, needless to say we're still having a ball, and South Africa is amazing. We've extended out flight to Perth twice already and I wouldn't bet against a third extension. We've been in South Africa for seven weeks and have only made it from Johannesburg to Port Elizabeth (about half-way to our destination, Cape Town), so we've been crawling along spending lots of time in nearly every place we arrive, and we haven't even started on the highlights of the Garden Route and Cape Town. Anyway, hopefully I'll get an update fired off tomorrow, fingers crossed...

1 comment:

seanmullins said...

Don't blame me for your lack of updates!